Thursday, July 10, 2008

FHE

Family Home Evening this week:


We talked about being a Child of God. We explained to the kids how they have certain characteristics of their dad and I; they also have characteristics of their Heavenly Father. We compared an apple and a grape to find what ways they were similar and what ways they were different. In this, we explained, are how children of God are similar and also different. We then listed the things that God is and how we want to become like him. We chose kind, loving, respectful and responsible. We then discussed ways that we can become more loving, kind, respectful etc. in our home. We then chose one area that we are going to work on for the week. Such as I am going to work on being more loving; meaning giving more hugs and kisses and not yelling. The kids are mostly going to be working on not hitting and sharing more. After they colored their I am A Child of God crowns, we enjoyed cake and ice cream to celebrate our birth as Children of our Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I love it! What a great idea--you are such a cute mom!