Sunday, November 8, 2009

When the kids are quiet...

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon. The baby was napping so Steve and I tried to squeeze in a well deserved nap of our own. We THOUGHT the other 3 kids could be left to quietly play, watch a movie or take a nap themselves; we were WRONG!

When Steve and I awoke from our naps, Brielle was VERY excited to show us her artwork. She said she put it on the fridge for us. We went downstairs and found this: At least it's a version of what we saw! We immediately started attempting to rip them OFF the fridge!



No... They're NOT post-it notes! Her and Chase actually GLUED their artwork onto the fridge!!!



This was the mess after trying to pull the glued artwork off. Thank heavens for a little water and elbow grease! They'd only used a gluestick...



Brielle was still THRILLED by her genius! Permanent (or semi-permanent in this case) artwork for their parents! STINKERS!!!

4 comments:

Marbear said...

That is so sweet! What cuties! I actually love that! I'm sure it made you mad, but I find it adorable! Give them kisses from Auntie Mary

Marbear said...

by the way... you're baby is not so much a baby anymore. he's getting big!

Rachel said...

As the not parent and not the owner of the fridge with glued on art projects... that's SO cute. I love the thought and care that went into it... as the parent I would probably flip. But... as the non parent... HOW CUTE!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Quiet is never good!! I must confess though I sometimes let the quiet moments roll just so I can have a few minutes. I later regret it when I'm stck with a huge mess. I love how their little minds work...glue the pics to the fridge so mom and dad can not throw them away...hmmmm don't let them talk to my kiddos.

P.S. We found the little white dog so I'll run it over sometime this week.