Saturday, February 6, 2010

100th post~I'm sooo proud!

Yeah!!!! It's my 100th post!!!!

On a side note, I wanted to tell of a proud moment Steve and I had with Avery this past week. It involves the fore mentioned book report project, The Valentine Fairy bucket.

The grading system at Avery's school consists of a U(Unsatisfactory), PP(Partially Proficient), P(Proficient) and and A(Advanced). Steve absolutely HATES how they grade. He desperately wants them to return to the A, B, C, D, and F grading! Anyway, Avery and I worked hard on her project for over a week. She took a lot of pride in the completed project and was proud to turn it in. When she received her grade, a P, she was quite disappointed. Instead of whining or sulking, she marched up to her teachers desk and told her she thought she deserved an A on this project. Her teacher smiled, agreed and changed her P to an A! I fully laughed when she came home and told us her story. All I could think about was in the movie Clueless(yes, that's my generation and was one of my favorites!) how Cher would negotiate her grades each semester and how proud her daddy was of her! :0) Of course we feel that Avery was completely justified in her going for a better grade! We did inform her that she cannot expect this to work for ALL her projects in the future, but that she legitimately deserved a higher grade this time.

I tell you-these proud moments as a parent definently out shine all of the bad and embarrassing ones we have! :0)

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

Good for Avery. She knows a good job when she sees one. As for the teacher, WTC? Why would you give a P if you agree it is an A? I mean, seriously. What a lame-O. Steve is right, go back to A, B, C, D and F. Let's just call it what it is. ;)