Saturday, March 13, 2010

CAUTION - When Making a Choice

My RS lesson last month was on Freedom to Choose. The theme I chose to use was the color ORANGE as a reminder to USE caution when making choices. There is ALWAYS a consequence, good or bad, to each and every choice you make. One of the reasons we are here, on this earth, is to prove ourselves to our Heavenly Father. He has asked, and continues to ask, us to do certain things; love your neighbor, keep the sabbath day holy, serve one another, etc. Yet he's not super specific on how we go about doing these things. He gives us guidelines and allows us the agency to CHOOSE what we do with our time.

This is my favorite quote from my lesson:
"Life gives to all the choice. You can satisfy yourself with mediocrity if you wish. You can be common, ordinary, dull, colorless; or you can channel your life so that it will be clean, vibrant, progressive, useful, colorful, rich. You can soil your record, defile your soul, trample underfoot virtue, honor, and. goodness, and thus forfeit an exaltation in the kingdom of God. Or you can be righteous, commanding the respect and admiration of your associates in all walks of life, and enjoying the love of the Lord. Your destiny is in your hands and your all-important decisions are your own to make.” -President Spencer W. Kimball

We get to choose what we become in this life, and it ultimately determines what we will be in the eternities. I know that I want to be something better than I am now!

So now to the fluff! (my favorite part!!!) Here's what I decorated the table with:



I used my Cricut to make these caution signs...LOVE them! :0) And my boys soccer cones came in handy as well. ;0)

These are the treats I made-a chocolate dipped marshmallow on a stick. They were a BIG hit!!! It's a good thing I had a few left over. The primary kids were going NUTS over them!



The tag said, "Enjoy SWEET blessings of using CAUTION when making a CHOICE"



I am so grateful for my calling as a RS teacher. It has provided me a wonderful opportunity for personal growth. I treasure the lessons I teach and really enjoy serving the sisters in my ward.

2 comments:

Emily said...

mmm yummy! I wish I was in your class!!

The Andersons: said...

Overachiever! Actually I'm jealous and definitely wishing I was there!