Monday, September 22, 2008

Chasen's 2 years old!!!


Today is Chasen's birthday! As I sat rocking him to sleep last night, I was reflecting that 2 years ago, I had been in the hospital in labor with him. He was my longest...a whopping 27 hours!!! When he finally decided to make his appearance, it was quick. I literally was laughing him out of body at the hilarity of it all. I was pretty exhausted by then. My 6lb 14 oz baby boy entered the world at 4:02 pm, the exact same time as his sister Avery! Coincidence? Who knows!?!
I have to say how incredibly handsome I think my little man is! He's blond!?! I thought I'd NEVER have a blondie!!! And his gorgeous eyes...he catches my breath! Though his Terrible Two's are difficult to handle I am loving the chance to see him learn and grow everyday. He has become such the "Ham". Just tonight, I heard the kids laughing in the living room and looked up to see Chasen running around, with his pants at his ankles, pretending to trip and stumble about. He was enjoying making everyone laugh.
He is currently infatuated with his "Baby Daxy". Any chance he gets to kiss, hug, hold or maul his baby brother, he's in heaven! Because of this overdone attention he is getting, Dax is currently NOT so fond of his brother. I know that will change eventually and I am thrilled that they have each other.
Chasen has moved to a Big-Boy bed which allows Daxton to have the crib (FINALLY!!!). He loves it! Mainly because now he has a trampoline inside...I'm constantly catching him jumping on the bed. Is it really bad for the mattress or did our parent's just say that because they didn't want us jumping on the bed?
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be my children's mother. I'm so grateful to have 2 beautiful little girls and 2 adorably handsome boys. The Lord has really blessed us!
Happy Birthday Chasen!!! I love you so much!

5 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

They grow up so fast and I agree that Chasen is a very handsome boy!!

Rachel said...

thats so sweet. He is pretty darn cute. It's not just the mom who things so! I do too!

Happy Birthday to Chasen... I can't believe hes already two!

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday Chasen! It seems just like yesterday that you were born--how can you be 2? You are so handsome, and sound just as "hammy" as Marcus! I'm sure you two would have a great time together!
We love and miss y'all!

Emily said...

Yay!!! I can't believe its already been 2 years!!! Seems like just yesterday we brought you Burger King in the hospital!!!! We totally love your little man!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Chasin!! He is getting big and so good looking!! How he got lots of cool presents!