
So, it's been a little while since I've posted anything. I thought I'd take a minute to catch everyone up.

Avery has been enjoying 2nd grade thus far. She came home a couple of weeks ago, to tell me that Cruz asked her to be his girlfriend. I tried really hard to keep calm about this while she explained to me that this did not involve kissing or anything. Basically, they are just good friends who eat and play together during the day. Her daddy and I are not really comfortable with this and have explained, numerous times, that she won't date until she's 16, but we are walking that fine line of parenting. I don't want to be too aggressive about the situation and cause her to keep things from me, yet I don't want to encourage this either. If anyone has any suggestions on this situation-I am all ears and welcome any help!

Brielle has recently started a Tap/Ballet class. Every Tuesday night, she spends 30 minutes learning Tap and 30 minutes learning Ballet. She's the biggest girl in the class :( but seems to be the best at following the directions of Miss Amber. She loves it!!! The other day, I informed her that we would be attending dance class that night, she said,"Mom, we can leave my ballet shoes here. I just want to do my tap." I think she enjoys being able to make loud noises without being yelled at. :)

Chasen has entered the Terrible Twos and they are Terrible.
He spends much of his day screaming, crying and throwing fits. Oh, and he's a biter and a pincher. Doesn't he sound delightful!?! He does have his sweet moments, usually when he's alone with Steve or me, and those are what save him! He's recently begun speaking (finally) and I relish in the new words he comes out with each day! We were quite concerned that his language was not progressing. He even had an appointment set up with a speech therapist at the beginning of this month, and what do you know? Days before I was to take him to his appointment...the kid started talking!!! His favorite word is currently "NO!" We hear it often!

Daxton. What to say about my hardest kid ever!?! He's not sleeping through the night. He always wants me to hold him. He is still spitting up like crazy. And he has the biggest smile and greatest giggle you've ever heard. He's ginormous, in the 78% weighing in at 17lbs. I'm thrilled to say that he is finally eating baby cereal! A milestone! The kid has wanted nothing to do with it thus far. Tonight he was ready and willing and ate about 3 TBS! Cross your fingers, maybe it will help him sleep through the night?
Steve and I are hanging in there. Life tends to be constantly stressful with our little ones and the responsibilities of life. We fall into bed exhausted each night. We try to have a date night each week and are usually successful in that. It's nice to take a couple of hours off and be able to focus on each other. We are grateful for our children and the hours of entertainment that they provide. Even though I complain about the bad, I really enjoy all the good that comes from them!







5 comments:
I LOVE that pic of Dax. And Chasen. And Brielle. And Avery. I think you get the point :) I am so glad the cereal is finally going over! Yay!! Eden took it like a champ and gobbled it right up but unfortunately it did not help her sleep...in fact it did the opposite! Oh well, we will keep trying. Hope you are doing great! Love you.
I miss you.. Your babies are growing up way to fast.
I was enjoying his huge grin and dimples at church today. He is too cute, and he seems so happy. I don't know what you are complaining about.:)
LOVE the update! LOVE your kids :) Hope to see you again soon!
made my blog private... so I need email addresses... call me.
Your kids are so big... and I have yet to even meet the last two... WE LIVE TO FAR AWAY!!! I love you!
Post a Comment