Do you know what this is? This is the result of leaving children alone, in a playroom full of toys, with some friends. Whay do they make bad choices!?!
So, here's the story...
Avery had a friend over to stay the night, this past weekend, and Brielle had cousin Brynlee over for a sleepover as well. My sister Mary had come over to drop Brynlee off and had brought Kyle with her. We were upstairs getting things setup for movie night and came downstairs to round up the kids and this is what we saw. A completely destroyed matttress! When asked what had happened, the older kids had confessed that they were running up the mattress and they're feet had caught the fabric and shredded it. Now most of us would probably think at that point, "We should stop. It's probably NOT okay to shred the bottom of this mattress. Especially since this mattress doesn't belong to me." So here I am, with 3 children that do not belong to me, a newly baptized 8 year old, who does belong to me, and a destroyed mattress! I didn't know what to do. I was so upset and sooooo disappointed in my nephew and my daughter! So I turned around and walked up the stairs. I went into the kitchen and Steve and I discussed what we should do. The only fair punishment we could come up with was to send everyone home. Before we did that though, we had to sit all of them down and tell them why they were going home and to explain to them that it was not okay to treat other people's things like that! It was totally crappy! We had this fun night planned and was really looking forward to the girls having their sleepovers and it totally got wrecked! But what else could we do!?! Just let it go!?! So after many tears, and a horrible phone call to the friend's mother, we had to say good-bye.
I hope NEVER to have to do that again! These are the moments when I would rather be a "mommy" and just give kisses and hugs all day long. Discipline/Parenting is what sucks! But you gotta do it!!! Right!?!







1 comment:
ugh--I just dread those moments. It sounds like you & Steve did exactly the right thing though. It sucks being the bad guy, especially when you are all set to be the good guy and throw a fun party! You guys are awesome, I'm going tell Jairus this story for future reference--dang it anyway!!!
Post a Comment