Monday, March 30, 2009

It's a Snow day!!!



We woke Thursday morning to about 3 inches of snow. It was still coming down when we sent Avery off to school. As I was on my way to the school, to work in the classroom, I was thinking to myself, "I just love the snow. It's so beautiful and clean!!!"

As I was working in the school, everyone started to notice that the snow was falling faster and that the wind was really starting to blow. (the start of the blizzard) All the kids were starting to say, "Miss Courtney, we might get to go home early today because of the snow." I didn't want them to get their hopes up. I mean the chances of school being closed half-way through the day are pretty slim right!?!
So I told the kids to hope for a "snow day" tomorrow.

By the time I had finished at the school and returned home, visibility was getting rough. I called my mom to see how the weather was in Ft. Collins. (they tend to be just a little worse than us) She was out picking my sister Liz up from school. Ft. Collins had shut down their schools. I called my sister Cee Cee and she told me that she had just gotten a call saying her kids school was being closed at 1:00. I told Steve that it seemed inevitable... The blizzard was coming.

We loaded everyone up and went to pick up Avery from school at about 11:30. Since we were out, we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things we may need/want while being cooped up in the house. We went through the 2006 Blizzard before and knew that if it was bad enough, the city would literally shut down for days.

We headed home, with movies in hand and thus started our Family Movie Day. We brought pillows and blankets into our room and all laid down to watch "Bolt" and "Thumbelina". Some of us took naps and some enjoyed the movies.
Afterwards, Steve and I made homemade "Play-Doh" with the kids. They've had a lot of fun with that stuff!





Later, we made pizza and wrapped up our day, not knowing whether there would be school the next day or not. When we went to bed, we had accumulated roughly 12 inches or so.



The next morning, Avery was disappointed to find out that school had been canceled. I on the other hand was thrilled. Yeah! Another fun day together!!! Fortunately, the sun had come out by 10 or so and started to melt the streets. The girls went out to play in the snow for awhile. We later took the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens. It was really good and the kids had a fun time.


By the Way... our son is FINALLY walking!!! Yeah! It's about time!

It was really nice to have a chance to hang in the house all day, without pressures of having to get things done! Just to be together and play.

No comments: