Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend began Saturday morning, to the kids waking up to their Easter baskets. In our home, the Easter Bunny brings our baskets on Saturday, because he knows that we want to focus on the REAL meaning of Easter, on Sunday.


I know...Daxton's basket was a little sparse. But what do you do for a 1 year old?


Avery and Brielle going through their baskets.


Our darling boys in matching jammies. Adorable!!!

After we got ready for the day, we took the kids to a City Easter Egg Hunt. It was crazy and started to rain on us before Avery even had a chance to hunt.



The boys had a good time running around though...Boys will be boys!



After the egg hunt, we went to Cee Cee's house for some egg dyeing. The kids tend to get bored after awhile, and us parents usually have to step in a finish them. This year though, my sister Liz ran the show and had the eggs done in no time!


Avery making a silly face for the camera. Showing off her egg dyeing skills!


Chasen really liked the green eggs. He hogged that color a lot!


Brielle with her favorite color, purple. She did NOT want to share this color with anyone!

Sunday morning, we had a lovely breakfast, prepared by Steve, and then went off to church. I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting on the Resurrection. Talk about some seriously high expectations! I was a nervous wreck and am happy to say that I survived and made it through. And hopefully, I'm off the hook for awhile, right!?!

After church, we headed to mom's for an Easter feast and egg hunt.


Here's Chasen running for the eggs. He looked pretty "dashing" didn't he! ;0)


Brielle, posing in her polka-dot dress, showing her egg hunt progress. (This was early on in the hunt! She did pretty well!)


Daxton...adorable Daxton! We didn't have his shoes on and it was pretty cold, so he had to miss out this year. I know he'll be making up for it next year though!


A family pic...in the cold and wind. Not a great one but at least you get to see all of us together!

What a wonderful holiday Easter is! Such a time of gratitude, to our Savior, Jesus Christ, for the ULTIMATE gift; the gift of the Resurrection! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be with my family for eternity!

No comments: