This Sunday was my turn to teach in Relief Society. The lesson was on Charity. I was super excited about it because it's such a fantastic topic! I spent ALL month thinking about it and the past week researching and planning my lesson.
=
Whenever I teach I like to dress-up the table(call me crazy, but I think it adds a lot to the lesson!), make a treat (to butter them up and get them participating), print out the chapter headings to post on the board and ALWAYS think of a way to start the lesson in a creative way. As you can tell, I put A LOT into my lessons and always pray that they go well. This Sunday I started by asking who had the longest nails in the room; the longest hair; heaviest church bag; most Christ-like love to give. I then said that Christ-like love, or Charity, is not something that can be weighed or measured, but something that needs to be infinite! We are here on this earth for one purpose...to become like Christ and to be able to return and live with Him again. We will be judged on our Good Works in this world and really, the more Christ-like we become, the more charitable we become. We can't help it! The more love we have in our hearts for others, the more we want to serve and show kindness to others.
The lesson went well and the cookies were a hit! (Avery stayed up until 10:30pm helping me bake them!) I made my Great-Grandma's Snickerdoodle recipe and they were yummmm!!!
I'm grateful for my calling as a teacher in Relief Society. It has given me a real opportunity to grow in this gospel. I hope I can continue to prepare lessons in a way, that the women in my ward, will be touched by.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Sounds like you did a great job. You are very creative. WIsh I could have been there. We had a very busy week end it was good to have Mary here.
That sounds awesome. We have a couple of teachers in our ward that I would be surprised if they do more than read the lesson during sacrament meeting. Seriously so sad. I was a teacher in RS when we lived in Las Vegas and it was my favorite calling ever. Sounds like you do a great job, I would love to hear your lessons!
Post a Comment