Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's a busy life...

I really haven't had a chance to post because we've been so busy lately. Here's the going-ons:

1~We had the opportunity for Steve's dad to come out for a visit. We LOVED seeing him and having him around. One of the first things he did when he got here, was help Steve fix the kids toilet because Dax had lodged a toy part inside it, rendering it unusable! Thanks dad!!! We sooo apreciate that!!!
He and Steve also had the opportunity to go up to Estes and take pictures of the wildlife. It's a tradition Steve looks forward to every year.
And of course we had to squeeze in the pumpkin patch while grandpa was here! The kids had a lot of fun with that!:0)

2~Steve has been working some ExTrEmE hours due to the visit with his dad AND time taken off for a craft fair we are in this next weekend.

3~The Craft Fair!!! It has CONSUMED us and makes us crazy with stress! One would say it may even drive you to kick holes in walls...maybe. We are on the home stretch now; down to 5 days left!!! Aaaagggghhhhh! It makes me crazy just saying that!
This is our first show with our newest company, Sugar Daddy's Dream Desserts, "Moments are sweet...INDULGE!" We are providing grab-n-go gifts such as cookie jar mixes, hot cocoa mixes and such. We are also selling our blondies, brownies, Mini's(the blondies and brownies mixed), cheesecake truffles and cake pops. We will also be utilizing our chocolate fountain for aromatic appeal as well as offering 3 dipping items for $1.
It's beeen stressful trying to get not only the products ready but getting the decorating and displays done. This is a big show that sees over 3,000 people! Wish us luck. We are hoping for a successful event.
BTW~if you are in CO and would like to attend; admission is FREE! It is held at the Weselyn Church in Greeley on OCT. 23rd and 24th. That's THIS Friday and Saturday. Show hours are 9am-6pm Friday and 9am-4pm Saturday. Stop by and check us out!!!!

4~My turn to teach this Sunday. I taught Lesson 43:Testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Simth. I have to say how grateful I am for the oportunity to teach this lesson. It really inspired me to try and emulate some of these amazing qualities and gifts he had. The people who knew him, even from a distance, said the most amazing things about this man. I always knew Joseph Smith was special. He'd have to be in order to restore this gospel, I just never knew it all! Still don't, although thanks to this lesson, has given me a taste and I want to learn more. My favorite quote was by a William Clayton who served as a clerk to the Prophet. He said,"The more I am with him, the more I love him; the more I know of him, the more confidence I have in him" I LOVE this quote because I think it truly states who he was. He was someone you couldn't help but love and admire and trust. I told the ladies in class that I want this quote on my epitaph! :0) I hope to strive to be as good as he was so that maybe people will feel a similar feeling about me...

These are some fun and exciting times. But very stressful to say the least! We hope to get it all done and to have some good news to share next week! Wish us luck!!!

3 comments:

Marbear said...

Rude... I drive 10 hours through a snow storm to see you and don't even get mentioned... awesome! I can't wait to hear how the craft fair goes. Love you!

Courtney said...

Sorry Mares!!! Of course I didn't mean to NOT mention your trip! I love and adore you!!!
Cut me some slack...it's been a rough week! :0)
LOVE You!!!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Bummer I just read this...I totally would of come and checked out the fair. I'm anxious to hear how it went. Hopefully good. I'm excited to hear your lesson tomorrow!