Okay, so our camera broke about 2 months ago when one of our children kicked it off of the stroller. We took it to a shop to have it fixed and they wanted over half the cost of it to fix it!!! Too much!!! Needless to say, the main reason I haven't posted anything was because I didn't have any pics, and a post without pics really isn't very fun at all! :) But here's an update anyway...
Life is pretty good. We definitely have some difficult moments over here.
Chasen is throwing the worst tantrums I have ever seen in my entire life. He literally is having out-of-body experiences. He completely loses it!!! It's so bad. I even asked the doctor about it to see if there may be a medical condition causing this behavior. FYI-there's not! So, we do everything possible to avoid interaction with the public, knowing it may very well end badly.
Daxton is still not sleeping through the night, but to give him credit, is getting better. We are starting to see at least some 5-6 hour stretches. That's good, right!?! He is sitting up fantastically, eating quite a variety of baby food and has just learned to clap his hands. I was all excited about this cute new trick of his and told Steven all about it and he says to me, "Funny that he can clap his hands, but still won't hold his own bottle..." Good point!!! How is that possible? Steven thinks he's just lazy and spoiled. He's said that about all of our kids at one time or another :)
Brielle is hilarious!!! She says the funniest things! Her latest thing is whenever she hears or sees an ad for Obama, she says, "Obama Stinks!!!". We've gotten quite a few laughs out of that! :) She has also become quite the little smart mouth! Her dad told her to keep her hands to herself in the car one day(she kept bugging Chasen), she hauled off and hit him and Steven says, "Brielle, didn't I just tell you not to hit your brother?" and she says, "NO! You said to keep my hands to myself!". Yeah...we've had to start clarifying everything around her! Stinker!!!
Avery just keeps getting older. It's starting to get hard. Some of the questions she asks can be a little unnerving. Today, out of the blue, she asks me if a girl gets to pick out her wedding ring or if only the boy does it. Why should this even be a concern for a 7 year old!?! And she's such an independent spirit... I just hope that I can be the right mother for her. One who will help her reach her full potential and help her to feel loved and know she is a daughter of God. She is getting really excited for her baptism in a couple of months. I can't believe how quickly she has grown. She was my one and only baby for over 4 years, and I feel like I have kind of missed the past 4 years with her, being preoccupied with the my other babies. Steve and I have talked about starting date night with each of our children. I think it's important that they all get a chance to feel special and loved, individually, from us. It's pretty easy to get lost in the hubbub around here...
Anyway, we've been blessed to be getting a new camera soon, so I will be posting new pics as soon as I can. Hope this little update on the kiddos will suffice till then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
whats up with these fits... Haylee does the same thing, and in my whole life I have never ever seen a child throw a fit like that. I talked to her ped at her two year check up. She threw one then too.
Hang in there. I would tell you that it goes away, but here it is a whole year later and we are still throwing fits. They have gotten shorter and not as often.
The trick that I found (and my ped recommended) is ISOLATION. Ignore them. I put haylee in her room and will hold the door shut. And I have learned to ignore the looks I get from people when we are out in public.
One time another dad actually walked by us in Target. Haylee was throwing her good ole fit, and he threw his hand up and yelled... YOU CAN DO IT! STAY STRONG... to me. I was so thankful to see another parent understand that there is NOTHING that I can do to make her be quiet.
Since this is the longest comment ever. I LOVE YOU... and thanks for the updates! Makes me feel closer to your adorable family!!
Hang in there. IT will get better not real soon but in time. Don't know about thanksgiving yet. I have to work on fri so we will see how the flights look
Post a Comment