Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Home Renovations...

Okay, so I know it's been a awhile since I've blogged, but I've been busy. I am currently working on quite a few home renovation projects. My latest and completed project was my laundry room. It's kind of been a catch-all and dirty room because it shares a space with the utilities, but I have had it! I painted it throughout a warm khaki color and Steven purchased and installed these cabinets for me! They were missing some hardware so they aren't complete yet. There is a door for the middle section and we still need to add the door handles; so another trip to Lowe's.




So next on my long list is converting the downstairs family room into a sophisticated play room. I'm going to paint all the walls this warm blue color. On the ledges along the back 2 walls, I'm going to paint stripes. Bold blue and brown and thin green in between. I also have plans for my hubby involving some carpentry. I want him to build a storage bench; which I will upholster with matching curtains. I want him to make tall cubby like lockers, for all the kids to hang their coats and put their shoes. And biggest of all...I want him to build a corner stage for the kids to perform. I'm going to make a curtain for that too. Anyway, wish me luck...it looks good in my head! :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wait to see it!!! Sorry Kevin's not closer to help you with the paint...

Logan and Ashley said...

Yeah! The laundry room looks great. I am still sorry I couldn't help with painting yesterday but I am so excited to see how it will look. The colors look great! Nice work.