
Well, it's official... I have an 8 year old! I kind of can't believe it!
Avery is totally psyched for this birthday. It's going to last ALL month long!
Today, we went to church early for her Baptism Interview with the Bishop. She wore her Birthday tiara and enjoyed her new primary teacher and class. She also had the chance to bear her testimony in Sacrament Meeting, and we were awed by her eloquence and maturity. She shared an experience she had last night when the spirit spoke to her and confirmed all the things that Jesus Christ has done for her. Many people came up to Steve and I to express their appreciation and awe at our little girl. We were so proud!!!
The family came over later to celebrate Avery and Lizzie's B-days. They got to open presents together and then we had some birthday treats.
She's looking forward to going back to school, tomorrow, and wearing her Birthday Princess tiara, to announce to the school, that she had a birthday!(Avery, totally happy to be in the spot-light!!!) And of course, bringing birthday treats to school on Tuesday. She's also looking forward to her birthday party(an "All Girl" themed party)on Friday. She's going to have stations set up to do hair, make-up, nails, etc. She REALLY wanted a slumber party, but I just wasn't up to that!
And of course...she's thrilled for her baptism at the end of the month. Her Grandma and Grandpa Myers will be coming from California for her, and her Aunt Jenny and Uncle Brett will be trying to make it as well. We really hope they do! :0) We may even get to see my Aunt Robin and Uncle Rick! What a great time to be with family...
Anyway, Happy Birthday Avery!!! We're so proud of you and your choice to be baptized. You are such a beautiful Daughter of God, and we are so grateful to have you as part of our family! We love you and wish you the best birthday wishes EVER!!!







3 comments:
YAY for Avery!!!
Happy Happy Birthday to her!!!
Let us know when the baptism is. I was thinking about it the other day because I knew it was soon! We'd love to try to make it!!
Yay for Daxton growing up too!! I can't believe it!!!
MISS YOU!
Okay I just checked out your blog--ADORABLE! What a fun family you have! Jairus leaned over my shoulder the whole time--he wants in the know too! I'm sending you an invite to my blog right now so stop in for a visit :)
p.s.
for therecord having a private blog is a pain in the butt--if you were curious ;)
So can you belive you have a 8 year old?!? They grow up so fast. I was not at church when Avery bore her testimony but the girls told me all about it. Isn't it a wonderful moment when you see your child grow?!?
Post a Comment