Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What a Party!!!

Steve came to me a couple of weeks ago and said, "Let's throw a Christmas Party!". Well I looked at him like he was crazy because we had just spent a good part of 2 hours discussing all that we had to still get done before Christmas! Needless to say I gave in...and it was a blast! We couldn't go too overboard , but enjoyed it all the same. The food was over-the-top (no Surprise!) and we had some activites for the kids, while the adults played a few games. One of the games we played was "Fluffy Frosty", a spin-off of the marshmallow stuffing game called Fluffy Bunny! Here are some pics of a few of our "Fluffy Frosty" contestants...

Our friend, Summer. She got about 7 in her mouth!

My sister, Mary. She gagged out at about 4 marshmallows. Way to go girl!!!

Our friend, Ashley. She held on until 6 or so marshmallows. She gave her best effort though! :0)

Our winner, Randy, with 10 Jumbo marshmallows!!!


We also played a "Name that Tune" game as well as one I invented called, "Reindeer Poo". I don't think it was a favorite! It too was a spin-off of a Baby Shower game, that involved diapers, and melted and mashed candybars! Well this one involved brown paper bags, and mashed up food with bits of candycane. It was kinda nasty!!!

We had all of our guests bring a treat, that we goodie-bagged up, and doorbell-ditched to various families we chose. It was a lot of fun to take a break from the hustle and bustle, and to share the Christmas spirit with our friends and family.

2 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

So I just discovered your blog and I must say I love the pictues. That party was so much fun...Thanks for the invite!

Steph said...

I think it is probably good that we weren't there...wouldn't want Randy to feel bad about only fitting ten in there....I am pretty sure you have the same nightmarish picture in your head that I have in mine. haha.